This was my first stint as visiting celebrity chef (VCC).
I strolled to the High Street every day and selected things for the day, along with appropriate wine, of course. We saved some of each meal for next-day toddler meals in small containers. Toddler reviews were positive overall. He liked everything. Actually, he used the word ‘incredible,’ which was a little tough to understand, but I got it.
- Wednesday night: Quick Bolognese – not bad but not close to all day version
- Thursday night: Flank steak with Argentine chimichurri sauce, broccoli and salad. Chimichurri was made with garlic, parsley, cilantro and cumin. Very good.
- Friday lunch: Croque monsieur with emmental (Swiss) cheese, grated, and ham – (ham too thick – next time we’ll try sourdough bread with gruyere instead of emmental and very thinly sliced ham).
- Friday dinner: Risotto with snap peas
- Saturday: Dinner at Indian Restaurant
- Sunday: Went to farmers Market, bought baking apples and flowers.
- Sunday Dinner: Trinidadian Chicken Curry and Tarte Tatin for dessert. Roasted chicken legs and little apple pies for toddler.
Side note: Everyone needs a Le Creuset pie pan – it works wonderfully.
- Monday: Roasted organic chicken with vegetables.
- Tuesday: Smothered cabbage and rice soup. Smothered cabbage alone is good. This was a new recipe from Marcella.
- Wednesday: Pasta e Fagioli – always a crowd favorite, especially with Henry
- Thursday: Meatloaf with gratin dauphinois (Julia) and brussels sprouts
- Friday: Chicken Fried Rice, Sauteed corgettes
- Saturday: Pizza and beer from local shop
- Sunday: Beef Bourguignon served on crusty bread
- Monday: Julia’s French Onion Soup and Spagetti with homemade meatballs.
Sign up now if you’re interested in a visit from the VCC.